We are excited to announce the riding program is scheduled to re-commence in Term 4. The remaining three weeks of the program will be conducted at Kurshonbrooke Lodge, Gumdale.
The aims of the activity are:
Equine Assisted Learning is a unique and innovative form of experiential learning where students grow and develop new educational, social and emotional knowledge and skills via relational experiences with horses. Horses value and respond to authentic interactions and so this program designed to empower and educate students through these unbiased connections and relationships.
Throughout the program, students will have a deeper knowledge and skills of:
- How to interact with others in a positive way
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- How to work together as a team
Benefits to the students:
- At the conclusion of the program it is intended that students will:
- Feel more confident and empowered to ‘have-a-go’ (safe risk-taking)
- Feel more confident and empowered to solve problems in social situations (friendships and teamwork).
- Tuesday 5th November
- Tuesday 12th November
- Tuesday 19th November
- Price remains at $70 for the full program (5 weeks – two weeks Term 3 and three weeks Term 4) as per previous invoice for the riding program.
- 3 or more students will receive a $10 subsidy from the P&C per child.
- If you have paid the $70 you have no further charges or amount to pay. If you have made a part payment, please see Dani to pay the remainder of the invoice. Payment Plan options: Please see either Nicola or Dani to make payment plan arrangements as soon as possible.
- As the program will remain at $70 there will be no need for student refunds. Please see our refund policy on the school website.
Students may wear sports uniform to this activity. Students are able to bring their own riding boots if they have them at home. These are to be brought in their school bag and only worn for the activity.